Thursday, May 31, 2012

Catching You Up With Bitches and Other Tattoos

I haven't been too keen on posting lately, my apologies.  But aside from that inconvenience, I bring you good news.  I have made a few pieces you may enjoy.  Tattoo requests have been coming in up the ying yang, so tattoo designs are what you're about to see.

This here was a request not long ago from this post by one of my co-workers.  (I currently work at Hobby Lobby, kind of ironic)  He wanted a realistic looking pin-up girl as well as incorporating the Harley Davidson bar and shield logo.  That was about all the information I got from him, and so this is what I came up with.

I envisioned something else, but for whatever reason this is what happened in the end.  I'm not too sure about the face, I don't care for faces because it's hard for me to get facial features and expressions...  So.  At least she has a sexy body going for her.  On Facebook a bazillion people liked the picture... Which makes about 16 people.  For me, feels like a lot.

Fun fact:  She is saved into my laptop as Harley Bitch.




This happened to be finished as of the night before this post.  It too is a request from a co-worker.  She asked specifically for a cross with roses wrapped in it.  Something kind of fancy.  Something that fits the calf area.

And viola, this is what I came up with.  I wasn't completely sure if she wanted a few larger roses or a lot of little ones, so I took the liberty of making a bunch of little roses.  I kept the details of the cross to make it appear fancy, but yet it's simple all at the same time.

I have no fun fact for this one.



I know, this isn't a tattoo.  And yes, I know, its crappy quality, I'm sorry.  Maybe I'll post it again once I get a better scan on it.  All you need to do is enjoy what you see, and we have no problems.

From what you can see, this is a logo I had been asked to design for a friend located nearby my hometown.  So this was a bit of a pain in my ass.  The lettering was last minute decision because the font I wanted to use wouldn't download.  So I resorted to this font.  He specifically asked for those words, "Bear Arms Weaponry and Gunsmith", along with an AR-15.  The AR-15 is the fancy gun you see there.  I'm getting to know that drawing actual subjects vs. writing out letters, whether be simple or complex, that drawing subjects is so much easier.  Writing out letters and fonts is highly and overly complex and irritating.  To me.

I had complications with the lettering.  I had a different idea for it, that didn't work out too well so I resorted to filling them out in red ink, and I went out to Hobby Lobby to buy a paint pen to give that shiny 3D-ish look effect to the letters.

In the end he was pretty happy with it.  I can't lie, I do like the gun.

So that is all for this post.  I have a few other pieces I could show you all, I'm sure.  There is more to come, don't worry.  Maybe, because it seems I have misplaced a tattoo design I was working on...  Let's hope it comes up soon.

2 comments:

  1. You are a great artist on the subject you choose. ( I would love for you to do my boat) Would you be intrested in doing that and possibily some logos for me? Capt. Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, for sure. Email me at tyannecherise@gmail.com with any and all that you're wanting. I'm sure we could figure something out.

    ReplyDelete