Saturday, March 10, 2012

Guess What This Is

This is one of my favorite paintings.  Guess what it is?  Well, I'm going to tell you just in case you can't tell.  For an assignment we were to choose something in a magazine then pick only a certain portion of it to paint, without revealing what it is.  I love horses, and when I found this sculpture in a History magazine, I wanted to do it.  The challenge was finding what parts of it to do, but obviously I found it as you can see.  Some people get it right away, others have no clue what it is.  I gifted this piece to a close friend of mine who loved it, and I think once she gets it in a nice frame and hanging on a wall it will look really nice.  I would have loved to keep this myself and hang it to be honest, I love it.  But I know she'll love it equally as much as I do.  Hopefully she'll keep it for many years to come, I'll forget about it, then be surprised when she still has it.

It was actually pretty fun making this piece.  Working to get the colors just right to show the shiny-ness of the metallic coat on the sculpture, the three basic colors.  It was simple, and fairly easy.  Even though I wasn't a huge fan of school and assignments, I actually kinda enjoyed this one.

1 comment: